Thursday, July 7, 2011

Georgia (Monnett) Bailey


After High School I attended Dixie State for two years, where I got my Associates of Arts degree.  It was at Dixie that I met my husband, Lance Bailey.  Lance is from the small town of Minersville, UT, which is near Beaver.  He actually taught seminary part-time at Pine View in 2002, the year after we graduated.  Lance is super laid back, easy on the eyes, and very, very nice.  How could I resist such a winning combo?  We got married in 2003.  After I graduated with my Associates we moved to Beaver, UT, to build and manage a new branch of his dad's business, Ken Bailey Auto Sales.
 
In 2007 we moved back to St. George and Lance worked at the Boulevard for a couple of years.  He now works at the new Uinta Golf store here in St. George.  He's pretty much in heaven every single day, which is a good thing:)
 
As for me, I love my full time gig of being a stay-at-home mom to our three daughters!  Abigail is 7, Eden is 5, and Janey is 2 1/2.  They make me laugh on a regular basis, and I just feel that it's an immeasurable honor to be their mother.  Not to mention being a wife to my amazing husband.  I'm so happy with my life and the experiences that I've had.  I love reading (ok, I'm an addict), being outside hiking, fishing, rollerblading, or rock climbing, and I love having girls' nights with my friends and vacationing with my family.  Six of my siblings live in St. George at the time being, and Lance and I really enjoy hanging out with them.  I'm currently writing a novel which I'm pretty excited about, and I hope to have it ready to attempt publishing by the end of the year. 
 
I have a plethora of favorite memories from high school!  I had a fantastic high school experience, and it's mostly due to my great friends.  I loved hanging out with Cindy Knudsen, Alyssa Cunningham, Crystal Fawson, Kiarah Cox, Nate Waite, Jared Decker, Cammeron Murdock, and so many others!  I remember Alyssa and I making the rule that if you were wearing mittens, holding hands didn't count.  Pride and Prejudice at Laura's house, PV day and all the mud, early Trilogy hours, singing valentines, swimming at the canals with Danny Stone and friends, bus trips up to Salt Lake for band and choir performances, Journalism with Mr. Neilson, writing comics in APUSH instead of taking notes, Cindy convincing me to wear all kinds of crazy things to school...  so many fun things.
 
I'm excited to catch up with everyone at the Reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment