Saturday, July 9, 2011

Amber Revoir

I decided on a change of scenery after high school and attended Willamette University, a small liberal arts college in Oregon.  I majored in Art History and minored in French and Art Studio, while interning at my school's art museum and the Library of Congress.  Starting with a month in Ecuador, I became enamored with foreign places and followed the trip with a semester in Paris (and all around Europe/N. Africa, really).  After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts, I went to Germany for a year on scholarship to learn the language, study more Art History, and work in an art gallery.  I did as much traveling as I could and met a lot of amazing friends along the way!

While in Germany, I decided to pursue an MBA to complement my Art History degree.  I headed back to Willamette to focus in marketing and nonprofit management and graduated in May 2010.  I'm now living near Aspen, Colorado (my mom moved to the area while I was in Germany) doing outreach for a community art center that hosts exhibitions and art courses.

My favorite memories include spending every spare minute in Mr. Jones' art room, laughing at everything with Kristian Alvarado, visiting Michelle Parry at Frostop, appreciating Alison Kim's patience in explaining AP math to me, swing dancing with Carlos Mendez, every other kind of dancing with Philip Swain, and climbing to the top of the red hill at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment