Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Samantha (Shaffer) Watson



After graduation I went to Dixe State College for an Associate's Degree in Elem. education in hopes of being a teacher someday. During my last year I was working at Steamroller Copies and met my future husband, Leland Watson. He worked at the other Steamroller in Hurricane. He is from Toquerville. We dated for about a year and he moved up to Salt Lake to go to the U, so soon after that I followed him up there. About a year later we were married in Oct 2004. We have lived in Salt Lake ever since then. My hubby got his Bachelor's Degree in Music in 2006 and began teaching Band in elementary and middle schools. As soon as he got that teaching job we decided it was finally time to have kids - finally. I have two kids, Bailey 3.5yrs and Taylor 1yr. During this whole time I have been working for Fedex Office (aka Kinkos) and now just work part time. Still to this day, I can't believe I married a band teacher :) I can't believe 10 years have already gone by since high school, but I am sure glad of what has happened in my life since then. I am loving being a mother to two beautiful and smart children and to have such a hard working husband! 
 
My favorite memories of high school are: I was in a choir every year and senior year I was in two. Getting up early to go to Trilogy was fun, but I don't think I was ever on time. I miss Mr. Lister, he was the greatest! If I wasn't hanging in the choir room I was staying after school in the Art room, I was such a big geek! I will never forget Mr. Jones, he let me do as many pots as I wanted, and he always pushed me to go into Art in college. I remember hangin' in Mrs. Lafaele's room during lunch or whenever, she always let me even if I was ditching another class and she always had a movie on or something funny going on. I loved going to the dances, and football games and the stomps afterwards. I really enjoyed Seminary and always saw it as an escape from the high school dramas! Can't wait to hear about what everyone else has been up to, and hope everyone is doing what they love!

No comments:

Post a Comment