Thursday, June 2, 2011

Matt Sorensen


Wow!!! Can’t believe it has been 10 years already. Everyone is all married and has a few Kiddos. Well I can say for now that I have dodged those bullets. ha-ha.
So after High School, I worked at Boulevard Home Furnishings and attended DSC. I graduated from DSC with my Associates Degree in Science. In 2003 I Landed a Job with Simmons Mattress Co, covering Southern Arizona. I was the Territory Manger for everything South of Phoenix.  Then in 2005 I was hired on with Broyhill Furniture as a Territory Manager, and moved to Northern Utah, then I was promoted to Cover the Southern and Central California Region for Broyhill. Then I was moved again to Gilbert AZ, and I covered Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. I was just recently promoted again in 2010. I work for Furniture Brands (Company that Own Broyhill Furniture) in St Louis MO, I’m the National Accounts Portfolio Manager for the Broyhill Furniture Brand, I cover Accounts like, Costco, Overstock.com, RC Willey and Sears. So I travel a ton. I think I’m gone 3 weeks out of the month. So if you are at the Salt Lake Airport keep your eyes open for me. I currently live in Sandy UT and I try to get down to St George and see family once a month or more.  I still talk to Allan Monk, Kevin Lund, Nate Whipple and Tyler Owens quite a bit.
I have so many great memories. But the best was getting kicked out of Mr. Snows English class everyday senior year. You may have seen me in the hall during 4th period. Also all the times we went and rode 4 wheelers and went camping, that was a blast. Also working on Tyler’s and Allans 4x4’s, and also my crappy Diamante, which I thought was the BOMB I think that car ended up in a Mexico junk yard LOL. Football games and Basketball games were a blast. I would have to say the best year of High School was my senior year with Brandon Darrington and Jeff Dean pulling stuff behind cars and going down foremaster hill in a red wagon.   

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear from you Matt! I miss seeing your face at Blvd Home Furnishings! Sadly, I'm still sitting on the couches you helped me buy! haha :)

    ReplyDelete