Thursday, June 16, 2011

Melenie (Lloyd) Taylor



After high school I went to DSC and got my associates degree, then transferred to SUU in January 2004 and studied Sociology. It was fun to be out of the house and in the "real world" where rent was $150. :) I loved college and miss it. I hope to go back someday and get another Bachelor's degree that I will actually use. I met my husband Jeff on a blind date. A guy that lived next door asked out my roommate right in front of me and I acted like I was hurt that I wasn't going, so he found me a date. There wasn't a love connection right away, but we were friends. Neither one of us had a job, so we spent a lot of time "hanging out" and got married in November 2004.
 
After graduation we moved to Salt Lake City (Murray) where Jeff was an assistant hotel manager and I worked at Mountain America CU. We had our first boy, Adam, in February 2008 and our second, Noah, in April 2010. Yes, I have an Adam and a Noah. No, the next one won't be named "Ephraim". I'm lucky to stay at home. Everyday is an adventure and they make me roll my eyes and smile all at the same time. Jeff changed careers 2 days before Noah was born and now commutes to Orem every morning. I love living in the city (I can't believe I used to complain about the traffic in St George) and only miss St George in February.
 
Oh! My claim to fame is changing Deron Williams' son's diaper! Before I had my second baby I worked part time at a gym daycare that Deron (see how we are on a first-name basis?!) went to. Yes, I'm bragging about changing a diaper.
 
What do I miss about high school? It was $12 to fill up my junky car. Other than that, I try to block out the memories. The best day of high school was graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment