Friday, February 11, 2011

Chris Jones



I served a mission to the islands of Micronesia. Served on the Island of Guam and Yap (google it). It was awesome serving in such a remote and awesome place. I went to Dixie State College and was on Student Government there for 2 years, President of the Rebel Crew, served on the Institute Council and received the Dixie spirit award. While at Dixie I did high end cabinetry/woodwork and worked part-time as a Limo Driver, "It's ok I am a limo driver!" was my favorite thing to say every time I drove. I also started a DJ company with my younger Brother and we have been doing dances, weddings and parties ever since. I also have my own side company doing high end custom woodwork and furniture. I met my wife Jenalyn at a singles ward in St. George and we have been married for 5 years. We have a super fun 3 year old girl named Aniston who just turned 3 last August. After DSC we moved up to Salt Lake City so I could continue my schooling at the University of Utah. I am studying Exercise and Sports Science and also getting a minor in Nutrition. I am applying for grad school at the U of U in Sports Psychology and then I will go on to get a doctorate of Physical Therapy. I hope to work with college and elite athletes by helping them physically and mentally prepare for their competitions. While in SLC I started working for Backcountry.com, an online outdoor retailer. I have been working there for a little over two years and work with the four online bike sites. I am the merchandise programmer for Chainlove.com and Bonktown.com. I also do the social network/marketing for the four sites as well. I really enjoy anything to do with bikes and I have been racing road, mountain and cyclocross for the last 2 years. I have also been competing in triathlons and running events.

Memories:
Some of the best times I can remember about high school was just hanging out with friends in the halls, messing around during track practice and hanging out on the weekends. We had an awesome class and I am glad I am still in touch with a lot of you.

1 comment: