Monday, March 7, 2011

Alyssa (Cunningham) Shrout





After graduating, I immediately trained for and ran my first St. George marathon. I went to Dixie for 2 years where I got my Associates Degree. I also served on the Institute Council where I met my husband, Will Shrout (Dan Shrout's older brother). We got married in July 2003, and transferred up to BYU that fall. I got my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education, where I taught for a year as an intern teaching 2nd grade. I did a couple of long-term substitute jobs for a few months. I stay home now with my sweet, yet rambunctious two little boys! Ian is 4 1/2 and Calvin is 2 1/2. We are expecting our third boy in March 2011. I love spending my free time writing YA fantasy and reading anything I can get my hands on! 
 
Memories: Writing ongoing comic book with Georgia in Mr. Talbot's AP History class; CRAZY group dates with Georgia M., Chrissy C., Kori B., Kiarah C., Crystal F., Holly W., Cindy K., Heidi H., Nate W., Dustin H., Jared D., Jon S., Spencer E., Cameron M., etc; fun cross-country trips; going to Charlie's, Mr. Page's class (the video with the earthquake drill and him putting the stool on his head), band trips, pep band, Mr. Holt, choir trips, being late to first period Journalism daily, eating lunch in Seminary building hallway, Honor Society meetings with Alison K., Bro. Ford's scripture mastery cards, watching movies in Spanish (that I can never watch again in English) in Sr. Geiger's class, having my locker next to cool Crystal F., sitting next to Chris C. in Mr. Cottle's math class trying to figure out proofs, Wet 'n Wild Sr. Sluff trips, studying like crazy for AP tests/ACT test, DMB concerts with Nate W., Dustin H., Spencer E., and Jon S., girls' nights sleepovers and drive-bys, crashing the boys' campout at 3 a.m. Whew. That just exhausted my pregnant brain...

No comments:

Post a Comment