Monday, August 1, 2011

JD Franz





The past 10 years have been great! After dropping out of Harvard at the age of 20, I co-founded Microsoft and became a billionaire at the age of 30… ok so maybe I stole that from someone else’s blog. I just wanted you to be impressed, so if I show up to the reunion in a space suit with a cowboy hat smoking an expensive cigar don’t be surprised.

A lot of you have gotten married and had kids and although it looks like a superfun time, I have yet to be sucked into the “eternal” union of marriage. I sort of spend my time having fun and sleeping in (every weekend… yeah!) Oh I also can do whatever I want whenever I want and I don’t have to ask anyone, also super sweet. It does have its drawbacks, like if I ever get sick I have to take care of myself… I hate that!

Let’s see… my family owns a custom cabinet company in St. George, Closet Creations. I run the design department, we take care or anything cabinet, home storage / organization related. It’s a lot of fun, the economy creates unique challenges for us to overcome to keep the doors open so we never get bored.

Well I guess I’ll see ya all at the reunion. If I’ve forgotten who you are please don’t take offence as I often don’t recognize the person staring at me from the other side of the mirror (he looks like me, but with a creepy gotee… it’s gross & creepy, plus sometimes he’s naked… scary).

So I leave you with this: “If you can’t laugh at yourself… you shouldn’t be able to laugh at anyone else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment